Sunday, October 28, 2012

Welcome

        Welcome to the digital chalkboard support site.  This is a site dedicated to raising money for the children in my classroom. I'll tell you a little bit of my story.
        This is my second year teaching in Everman ISD. This year I have 22 awesome students. Last year when I began teaching I was able to get 1 iPad and used a few old iPhones for my kids. They loved it and I saw some awesome growth coming from them using the technology and discovering new things. This year I have 2 iPads and 2 iPod touches. I'm continuing to see growth through the use of technology.  It's so great to see these children having fun and enjoying their learning.  There's research that shows if students don't have fun and enjoy school in the beginning years that they likely never will.    There's also research that shows that if we are not having fun we don't retain the information.  My goal as a teacher in 1st grade is to foster a love for learning at an early age.  It's so much fun for me to see my students having fun and laughing and then they come up to me and show me something that they found that we learned that week.
          The reason for this blog is to raise money for more technology for my students.  I've had this vision since I started teaching that I would be able to get an iPad for everyone of my students.  I believe that this goal will be reached by the end of this school year.  The more I teach the more I realize how much this technology is needed for our kids.  This year I have 22 kids and they are all at various levels in there learning and they have different learning styles.  As the classroom sizes continue to grow larger the need for this technology is going to increase.  I can't meet the needs of all of my students on my own, but God's given me a gift to use and understand technology.  I want to use this gift to impact the live of 22 precious children.  In my next post I'll tell you a little more about how I think we can do this and how you can impact children's lives.  Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment